On July 11th, 1666 the highest hierarchy from the order in Burgos decided to initiate that process. Father Martin of Sobejano was appointed postulator, and the same year the questionnaire, to which the questions about the process should be conformed, was published. On November 12th, 1668 the theological commission in charge of examining the contents of The Mystic City of God was formed, they were thinking about publishing it. But the year before, on March 8th, the Postulator had already submitted before the Prelate in Tarazona the application form to open the Beatification Process. Three days later Monsignor Michel Escartin formed the corresponding board. At the end of two years of intense work on September 23rd, 1669 the process was closed in Tarazona and the records sent to Rome. In 1670 The Mystic City of God was published, but it could not be sold because of the embargo exerted on that edition by the Inquisition. On November 21st, 1671 the Pope Clement X approved the processes from Tarazona. The following year he gave his consent to start them in Rome. Under Innocent XI the procedure ran quickly. On January 16th, 1677 the study of the records was ordered. On February 2nd the same Pope ordered the opening of the apostolic processes “in specie”. But The Mystic City of God was denounced to the Inquisition in Rome, on June 26th, 1681 the Holy Office approved a censorship against Mother Agreda´s book and on 4th August of the same year the piece of work was included in the Index of the forbidden books. Due to the Pope Innocent XI´ s command the decree of condemnation was stayed the same year on November 9th. But the incident had such a bad influence on the Cause that from then onwards it has been constantly interrupted up to its definitive closure with the Pope Clement XIV´ s silence decree.